For the past 17 years we have specialized in Spinal Decompression and have helped thousands of patients get out of pain. We terat many local San Diego residents as well as out of town patients from Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Alaska, Mexico and Spain.
There is a huge disparity in the type of equipment doctors use for decompression therapy and the protocols and experience they have in treating these cases. You want to be sure you are well taken care of.
if you are suffering in pain with any of the following conditions you may want to research and be sure of a few things before you opt to go into an office that provides spinal decompression:
-Degenerative Disc Disease
-Chronic Neck Or Low Back Pain
Spinal decompression therapy can be a very effective treatment however there are some critical factors and protocols that need to be considered and unfortunately not every doctor utilizing decompression is aware of these factors or protocols.
There are multiple factors to consider when deciding where to go for NSSD, Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression. Here are a few:
1. Is the doctor utilizing a decompression machine or a traction table? You will find doctors who say that there is no difference but there is. A Honda is a car and so is a Ferrari but they operate very differently and have much different technology. So it is with decompression machines. Traction tables consist of simple motors with basic functions and can lower the pressure within the spinal discs. True spinal decompression machines utilize specific technology with much more extensive machinery allowing a creation of NEGATIVE pressure within the disc which is the key to solving disc bulges, herniations, sciatica, degenerative disc disease etc. The way a disc heals is to create negative pressure to allow for oxygen, water and nutrient exchange to take place, this can only happen with certain equipment and not with traction tables. A leader and expert in spinal decompression will only utilize the best equipment possible.
2. Is the doctor a Certified Spinal Decompression Doctor? Many doctors who perform spinal decompression and traction are not certified and unaware sometimes of all the functions of their own equipment and how it can best be utilized. They have no certifications or continued learning on decompression techniques or protocols that allow them to get the best results possible.
3. Is Spinal Decompression the office's primary focus and specialty or is one of their techniques the utilize? Many offices list themselves as experts at spinal decompression, however that is not what they primarily offer and is just one of the multiple therapies they may utilize on occasion.
4. How long have they been utilizing spinal decompression for? How many spinal decompression visits have they performed, do they have staff perform all the treatments or does the doctor actually perform them?
5. What do their reviews say about them and specifically in regards to spinal decompression? Google, yelp and other review pages will let you know this.
6. Do they utilize the treatment on themselves? Have they lived in your shoes, have they had disc problems that have required spinal decompression? If you have gone through something yourself you have a whole new appreciation and most importantly understanding of the condition and treatment involved.
We utilize only DRX 9000 True decompression machines in our office, we have 3 decompression machines in our office and we utilize 2 of these machines for the lower spine and 1 for the neck. Dr. Boelk is a decompression certified doctor whose specialty is focusing on spinal decompression and he has performed over 26,000 treatments over the last 17 years. Dr. Boelk personally performs each treatment on every single patient he accepts into his program. Dr. Boelk utilized spinal decompression on himself for his multiple disc herniations as well as sciatica and he utilizes decompression now on a regular basis to keep his disc hydrated and in good condition so he can stay active surfing, golfing, working out and playing ice hockey still.
Hope this is helpful when trying to figure out who to call for help.
Call our office today at 619-298-0800 to learn more and see if you are a candidate for this highly successful treatment.
*Due to current demand, we are limited to the number of cases we can accept and cases are accepted on a first come basis regardless of referral from other doctors, neurologists, surgeons or patients. Thank you for understanding.
"I came in with extreme back pain, resulting in days were it was difficult to get out of bed. There were moments where I would be walking and then my back would lock up. I thought it was something I have dealt with in the past but this last the entire month of July. I finally dedicated myself to finding the long term solution.
‘I came to Dr. Boelk unsure about the process, but after he identified exactly what my ailment was, I felt confident that this was the long term solution I was looking for. I instantly felt better and Dr. Boelk kept encouraging me to trust the process and understand it will take time to feel 100%. I am now pain free and honestly feel stronger, even a little taller. I highly recommend you visit Dr. Boelk." - Ming T.
"I highly recommend Dr.Boelk to everyone who has issues with their back and neck. After 2 months of treatment I am feeling a considerable difference. Dr. Boelk's skills and experience are incredible. Especially I appreciate his "very cautious and attentive " approach to the health: no unnecessary adjustment and procedures. I am very grateful to Dr.Boelk for his knowledgeable and professional treatment." - Olga M.
"Dr. Boelk & his staff are by far the BEST at spinal decompression. I walked into his office unable to sit to do my job, where I was having to lay each day & within a couple of weeks he helped me with being able to sit again. His attention to you & the way he will make you feel is unparalleled. First of all, he has suffered from some severe back issues, so his empathy is very high. Secondly, he is extremely caring & genuinely wants to help people. I've never worked with a doctor who has cared as much and made me feel like I was his only patient before. There would be 4 people there at the same time, and he still made me feel this way. I guess I just cannot thank him enough & cannot recommend him enough. He is an angel on earth. If you visit him, please listen to him & follow his instructions. He knows what's best for you. " - Erin T
We are 5 star rated on over 200 reviews. Dr. Boelk utilizes methods that solved his severe neck and low back pain and disc herniations. Dr. Boelk holds the following licenses and certifications:
-Board Certified Doctor of Chiropractic
-California Licensed Doctor of Chiropractic
-Certified Spinal Decompression Doctor
-California X-ray Radiology Licensed Doctor
-Pain Free Performance Specialist
-The International Disc Education Association Member--