A few tips to help choose the correct office include:
1. Does the doctor actually specialize in sciatica? How many years experience do they have in treating this condition? In order to be proficient at something, there needs to be thousands of hours involved, in order to be an expert 10,000 hours needed. Dr. Boelk DC has been treating sciatica patients for the past 16 years and has performed over 26,000 treatments on sciatica and disc pain patients.
2. Is the doctor Certified in what he is using to treat patients? Dr. Boelk, DC is a certified Spinal Decompression Doctor. Many doctors who perform spinal decompression and traction are not certified and unaware sometimes of all the functions of their own equipment and how it can best be utilized. They have no certifications or continued learning on decompression techniques or protocols that allow them to get the best results possible.
3. Is sciatica a focus of what the office treats or just something they treat every once in a while?
4. How long have they been utilizing spinal decompression for? How many spinal decompression visits have they performed, do they have staff do all the treatments or do they actually perform the treatment? We have seen new offices pop up, offering spinal decompression and they are self listed as experts after a few months and claim to be "Sciatica" experts.
5. What do their reviews say about them and specifically in regards to spinal decompression and sciatica? Google, yelp and other review pages will let you know this.
6. Do they utilize the treatment on themselves? Have they lived in your shoes, have they had disc problems that have required spinal decompression? Have they experienced the pain of sciatica, the fear, frustration and hopelessness of dealing with severe pain on a daily basis? If you have gone through something yourself you have a whole new appreciation and most importantly understanding of the condition and treatment involved.
We are true specialists in sciatica and have 16 years experience in dealing with this condition without the use of drugs, injections, surgery or over and over again useless chiropractic adjustments that provide no lasting benefit at all.
Hope this is helpful when trying to figure out who to call for help.
To see if you qualify for treatment, give the office a call. Out of town patients, we have 24 hour answering service and there are 3 hotels conveniently located down the street from the office in which most of our patients stay in.
Serious inquiries only please. For a no-charge, no-obligation consultation, call our office at 619-298-0800.
*Due to demand, regardless of referral from family physician, neurologist, orthopedic surgeon or chiropractor patients are seen on a first come basis.
We are 5 star rated on over 200 reviews. Dr. Boelk utilizes methods that solved his severe neck and low back pain and disc herniations. Dr. Boelk holds the following licenses and certifications:
-#1 Rated Spinal Decompression Office In San Diego
-Board Certified Doctor of Chiropractic
-California Licensed Doctor of Chiropractic
-Certified Spinal Decompression Doctor
-California X-ray Radiology Licensed Doctor
-Pain Free Performance Specialist
-The International Disc Education Association Member
"Dr. Boelk & his staff are by far the BEST at spinal decompression. I walked into his office unable to sit to do my job, where I was having to lay each day & within a couple of weeks he helped me with being able to sit again. His attention to you & the way he will make you feel is unparalleled. First of all, he has suffered from some severe back issues, so his empathy is very high. Secondly, he is extremely caring & genuinely wants to help people. I've never worked with a doctor who has cared as much and made me feel like I was his only patient before. There would be 4 people there at the same time, and he still made me feel this way. I guess I just cannot thank him enough & cannot recommend him enough. He is an angel on earth. If you visit him, please listen to him & follow his instructions. He knows what's best for you. " - Erin T
"I came in with extreme back pain, resulting in days were it was difficult to get out of bed. There were moments where I would be walking and then my back would lock up. I thought it was something I have dealt with in the past but this last the entire month of July. I finally dedicated myself to finding the long term solution.
‘I came to Dr. Boelk unsure about the process, but after he identified exactly what my ailment was, I felt confident that this was the long term solution I was looking for. I instantly felt better and Dr. Boelk kept encouraging me to trust the process and understand it will take time to feel 100%. I am now pain free and honestly feel stronger, even a little taller. I highly recommend you visit Dr. Boelk." - Ming T.
"I highly recommend Dr.Boelk to everyone who has issues with their back and neck. After 2 months of treatment I am feeling a considerable difference. Dr. Boelk's skills and experience are incredible. Especially I appreciate his "very cautious and attentive " approach to the health: no unnecessary adjustment and procedures. I am very grateful to Dr.Boelk for his knowledgeable and professional treatment." - Olga M.
Schedule a Complimentary, No-Charge, No-Obligation Consultation or to submit a question, simply fill out the form to the right and click submit.