-lack of exercise
-poor posture/body mechanics
For the past 18 years we have been specialists in helping people who are suffering from low back pain with a non-invasive, highly effective and proven successful researched treatment through Johns Hopkins University , Stanford University, Duke Medical Center and Mayo clinic among others.
That stabbing, shooting, sharp, intense pain in the small of your back that seems to worsen at night when you try to sleep, roll over in bed and even just sitting to use the toilet can be extremely painful. Once the pain gets to a certain level it can be very difficult to know what to do and where to go to get help. Most of our patients come to see us after they have tried multiple treatments with no relief and worsening pain.
Physical therapy, pain medications, acupuncture, acupressure, massage therapy, chiropractic adjustments, cupping, CBD oils, spinal injections and in some cases spinal surgery. All of these treatments can help in some cases but unfortunately for many of the cases, they do not help and in some cases depending on the condition and what the discs are doing on the lower back, these treatments can worsen the condition.
Performing chiropractic adjustment on someone who is having severe low back pain and muscle spasms rarely works out well and in general is not a great idea.
In order to solve the pain, we need to know a few very important details.
- What was the person doing when the pain was first noticed?
- What can the person do that worsens the pain?
- What can the person do that helps the pain?
- Location and type of pain?
Figuring out the why behind the pain is like being a detective, their right questions need to be asked and rare;y are they asked. Most doctors and practitioners focus heavily on the location of the pain and are stuck on trying to reduce symptoms so much that they have not discovered the why of the pain. This is extremely important and a very frequent oversight. The doctor or practitioner of course want to but they are unable to do so if they do not ask the correct questions and or perform the correct treatments for each patient. Every patient is unique and needs to be treated as such, a one fits all approach is not the solution.
Our office focuses on being a “detective” , finding out the why behind the pain and also that the actual cause of the pain is addressed and treated correctly which will yield results and pain reduction that lasts.
Discover a new way to look at your pain and a new treatment with unique protocols and predictable, effective and affordable treatments as results.
Thousands of San Diego residents have gotten rid of their pain in our office and you could be next!
If you want to get different results, then you need to be your own advocate and try something else.
For a no-charge, no-obligation consultation call 619-298-0800, Due to demand, regardless of referral from orthopedic surgeon, neurologist, chiropractor or other doctor, patients are seen on a first come basis.
"I came in with extreme back pain, resulting in days where it was difficult to get out of bed. There were moments where I would be walking and then my back would lock up. I thought it was something I have dealt with in the past but this lasts the entire month of July. I finally dedicated myself to finding the long term solution.
‘I came to Dr. Boelk unsure about the process, but after he identified exactly what my ailment was, I felt confident that this was the long term solution I was looking for. I instantly felt better and Dr. Boelk kept encouraging me to trust the process and understand it will take time to feel 100%. I am now pain free and honestly feel stronger, even a little taller. I highly recommend you visit Dr. Boelk." - Ming T.
"I highly recommend Dr.Boelk to everyone who has issues with their back and neck. After 2 months of treatment I am feeling a considerable difference. Dr. Boelk's skills and experience are incredible. Especially I appreciate his "very cautious and attentive " approach to the health: no unnecessary adjustment and procedures. I am very grateful to Dr.Boelk for his knowledgeable and professional treatment." - Olga M.
"Dr. Boelk & his staff are by far the BEST at spinal decompression. I walked into his office unable to sit to do my job, where I was having to lay each day & within a couple of weeks he helped me with being able to sit again. His attention to you & the way he will make you feel is unparalleled. First of all, he has suffered from some severe back issues, so his empathy is very high. Secondly, he is extremely caring & genuinely wants to help people. I've never worked with a doctor who has cared as much and made me feel like I was his only patient before. There would be 4 people there at the same time, and he still made me feel this way. I guess I just cannot thank him enough & cannot recommend him enough. He is an angel on earth. If you visit him, please listen to him & follow his instructions. He knows what's best for you. " - Erin T
We are 5 star rated on over 200 reviews. Dr. Boelk utilizes methods that solved his severe neck and low back pain and disc herniations. Dr. Boelk holds the following licenses and certifications:
-Board Certified Doctor of Chiropractic
-California Licensed Doctor of Chiropractic
-Certified Spinal Decompression Doctor
-California X-ray Radiology Licensed Doctor
-Pain Free Performance Specialist
-The International Disc Education Association Member
Rated the #1 Spinal Decompression office in San Diego for many reasons. Here is a quick guide to finding the best office when searching for Spinal Decompression:
1. Does the office specialize In Spinal Decompression or is it just one of many multiple treatments they offer? We have seen many patients come from other offices who said they are specialists and experts in spinal decompression but only treat 3 or 4 patients a day on decompression.
2. Is the doctor or staff actually getting the patients on the treatments? Spinal Decompression is a specialized skill and requires daily decision making and protocols vary from person to person, it is not a one size fits all approach. Many patients come from different offices and inform us they were getting decompression but it was done by the staff and many times they are in pain when on the tables. The treatments should not be painful but feel good.
3. Is the doctor Certified? There are many doctors who are utilizing spinal decompression who are not certified. It is best to see someone who took the time and learned the process and is certified.
4. Do they have a good reputation and reviews that report the doctor and office and staff are looking out for the patient and there is a common theme of the doctor caring and wanting the best for their patients?
5. Experience? How long has the office been utilizing spinal decompression? How many sessions have they performed? You want to see someone who has a lot of experience and knowledge in their field when looking for spinal decompression offices.
Our office has been specializing in NSSD, Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression for the past 18 years. Everyday we perform 35-50 sessions. Every single decompression session is performed by our doctor and not our staff. He determines the settings and has unique protocols for each patient that is dynamic.
Our clinic director and founder, Dr. Cassidy Boelk DC is Certified Spinal Decompression Doctor. You can look up reviews on him and the office here. Over the past 18 years he has performed over 30,000 spinal decompression sessions.
To see if you qualify for treatment, give the office a call. Out of town patients, we have 24 hour answering service and there are 3 hotels conveniently located down the street from the office in which most of our patients stay